Friday, May 11, 2012

5/11/12 Utrecht The groooooove (Tammy comments)

Sleeping in the tunnel apartment disconnected me from the rhythm of the morning and I almost slept the clock around; it was pure heaven. The ride today was mostly through farmland but there were plenty of canals and probably 5 small towns. I had my first close call with a car-better than coffee for the adrenaline rush! So I will take crossings more seriously from now on...after I used up one of my lives (I have thousands) Jim and I made our way to a canal all lined with these barges that were working ships but also had lace curtains! What a curious life!
Ate the traditional breakfast- assortment of thinly sliced meats and cheeses, assortment of breads and rolls, medium boiled egg in a cup, yogurt, fruit, orange juice, espresso for me and tea for Jim.
Then had a calzone for lunch. The nice Italian man made the best latte for me- the coffee is very good here if you avoid those machines that use the little metal cups... Dinner was wonderful also- Jim had the salmon with white asparagus and I had pork loin in a red wine reduction with wonderful mushrooms.
Next we did a little shopping and picked up some arnica bath oil that we both enjoyed wineglass in hand in our first tub of the trip! We both agree that we have gotten our groove, not to say that the 20 mph head winds don't make us work up a sweat, but recovery comes now and we have energy to function after the ride. Tomorrow is the windmill festival!

1 comment:

  1. It's starting to look like this again, and it is may 15 2013 today, so spring is a bit late.
    Best wishes, Nick

    ReplyDelete